Today we held the first training session of 2015 for the family members and friends of our Foster Carers. The course aims to provide insightful knowledge, skills and the abilities to assist the full-time Foster Carers and the opportunity to think about how Foster Care will have an impact on their lives.
Some of the topics covered in the session included:
• What do Foster Carers do?
• Some of the anxieties and fears that the children may have
• Confidentiality – who needs to know what?
• The types of child abuse
• How to respond to any disclosures a child might make
• The risks that may occur from different situations
• Safer caring practices
• Behaviours – what can be done to promote good behaviour / discourage poor behaviour
If you are one of our Foster Carers and think this course may benefit some of your family and friends, please contact your social worker to find out more information. Or if you are interested in becoming a foster carer, and would like to attend please get in touch.
News & Policy
News & Policy from our member agencies, the fostering sector and the world of child protection and safeguarding as a whole.
Browse News Categories
Browse News Archives